MC400 ACSR Avid Media Composer System Support Certification Overview
The Avid Media Composer System Support (MC400) class will provide students with the techniques to install, configure, and troubleshoot Media Composer editing systems to maximize productivity and minimize system downtime. A blend of online self-study, combined with classroom lab work and role-playing, gives students’ practical hands on experience. After completing the class, participants will be able to install and configure Avid Media Composer systems and provide first-line support to the Avid customer base.
This class prepares candidates for the Avid Certified Support Representative: Media Composer certification exam as well as being the foundation of the program for candidates pursuing the full certification path to become an Avid Certified Support Representative: Elite.
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Discuss the evolution of Avid’s editing systems
- Understand basic video theory
- Understand a basic Avid network
- Understand the Media Composer Licensing options and configurations
- Identify and configure Mac, PC, and Avid hardware
- Define OS X and Windows Operating System software concepts and features
- Install and configure Avid’s editing systems on both platforms
- Install and configure Avid’s editing systems with Avid NEXIS/ISIS and Interplay client software
- Understand basic Avid storage RAID configurations
- Configure local media drives and VideoRAID storage systems
- Understand and identify DNxHD and AVCI hardware
- Determine media file compatibility
- Compare capabilities between the editor versions and product lines
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems on Avid systems
- Be ready to sit the Avid Certified Support Representative: Media Composer Certification exam
This class is designed for: Support and maintenance personnel. IT professionals. Avid editors who wish to expand their technical expertise.
The following are highly recommended: Completion of the Media Composer Editing Essentials I (MC101) class, or equivalent Media Composer experience. Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems. Technical and operational knowledge of Avid Editing Systems: Media Composer, Media Composer | Symphony Option or Media Composer | News and local storage are recommended.