The Employment Training Panel (ETP) is a California state program that allocates funding to reinvest in employees’ advancement. Media companies like yours can take advantage of this program through Key Code Education.
Once your company is approved, employees can take 8-200 hours of training each! Many entry-level classes are completely free, while some advanced classes require only a small copay.
Classes include Avid Media Composer, Pro Tools, and ACSR Engineering; DaVinci Resolve; Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, & Photoshop; KCE Exclusives like Assistant Editing Essentials and Post Coordinator Essentials; and much more! Eligible employees can register for classes easily through our Education Manager, who can help with scheduling and class guidance.
Interested in ETP at KCE? Be the first in line for our upcoming 2022-2024 ETP Term! Contact us here for more information.
ETP Eligibility Requirements For Media Companies:
- Companies must be based in California and have a valid CEAN number.
- Students must be California residents, work full-time as W-2 employees and earn the equivalent of $23.53 per hour ($2.50 in health benefits may be used to supplement) by the end of their training which includes a 90-day retention after their last day of training.
- Students must take a minimum of 8 hours (and can do up to 200 to 240 hours) of training.
- Students must be actively training to remain in ETP and hold no gaps in training in excess of 90 days.
- Students must not be receiving training from more than one (1) ETP-contracted facility at a time.
Currently Approved Media Companies:
- American Film Institute
- Buddha Jones
- Company 3 / Method Inc.
- Connection III Entertainment Group
- Corday Productions
- CRP Services / Critical Role
- Digital Vortechs
- EHM Productions
- Entertainment Marketing Concepts West
- Entertainment Partners Services
- Film 45 / IMG Worldwide Inc
- Fremantle Media North America
- Fridays Films
- Geiger Post
- Ignition Creative
- Key Code Media
- Legend Pictures
- Mango Post Inc.
- MAX Post
- Miracle Mile Post
- MTI Film
- New Edit
- New Wave Entertainment
- News America Incorporated
- Pacific Post Rentals
- Picture Head
- Pivotal Post
- Rainbow Digital
- Renegade 83
- Roundabout Entertainment Inc.
- Shed Media
- Soda Creative
- Streamland Media Midco
- Trailer Park
- Unbroken Studios (Pound Sand LLC)
- Union Editorial
- Universal Studios Productions
- Vertical Interval dba Blueprint Post Production