DR210 DaVinci Resolve Advanced Color Grading Overview
DaVinci Resolve is an industry-standard editing, compositing, audio mixing and color grading software that gives you total control over the final delivery of your project. This class takes you through a series of practical projects in which you learn the color correction tools in detail plus a wide variety of workflows, effects and tools necessary to perform professional-level coloring work. Students will learn the foundations of contrast and color balance and quickly begin to explore that many professional features Resolve has to offer in the post production color workflow.
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Working in a “node” based color grading system
Understanding how to work with nodes, the importance and value of using multiple nodes, controlling node order, and using nodes to work efficiently
- Using “primary” color correction features to re-balance contrast and color and saturation of the image
- Using the built-in video scopes including the Waveform, Vectorscope and Parade to evaluate the image
- Enabling Color Management to remap video color gamuts
- Analyzing and color correcting images with the help of scopes
- Normalization, balancing and matching footage in preparation for creative grading
- Primary and secondary grading tool operations
- Node-based compositing with the help of mixer and key nodes
- Managing and copying grades with the help of stills, versions and ColorTrace
- Navigating the Fusion page and creating composites in the Resolve workflow
- Application of OpenFX to repair, enhance and stylize media
- The classic grading workflow and its translation to the Groups feature
- Render cache and delivery settings for optimal quality
The following are highly recommended: DR101 DaVinci Resolve Essentials completion or equivalent experience.
Completion of this class unlocks the DaVinci Resolve Certified Colorist exam.