Adobe Classes for Assistant Editors
Key Code Education and Adobe are teaming up to offer exclusive free Adobe Premiere Pro classes during the month of November for Assistant Editors looking to build their skills – compliments of Adobe.
Our ED201P Assistant Editor Essentials: Premiere class builds the technical and organizational skills of Assistant Editors over the course of two days.
***** Please read this page carefully to ensure you are well-prepared for your training session; feel free to reach out with any questions! *****
Use your promo code at the top of the Checkout Page to receive your complete discount, courtesy of our friends at Adobe, on your choice of one of the upcoming classes below! Do not complete your transaction without the promo code entered or you will be fully charged.
November 9-10 Burbank, CA
November 28-29 New York, NY
All classes run 9am-6pm.
Due to limited capacity, please only enroll if you can confirm your seat as our goal is 100% attendance. If you must cancel, we kindly request you do so as soon as possible to ensure another student may attend this exclusive class.
- Please BYOC* (bring your own computer) for this class. You will have a desk with space for your system and note-taking, plus power and wifi.
- If you are not already an Adobe Creative Cloud member, please download the free Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps 7-day trial to your machine here: https://www.adobe.com/downloads.html#mini-plans-web-cta-creative-cloud-card Be sure to have your system and software ready the night before your class.
*KCE will have a very limited number of systems for student use, please email KCE Education Manager, Veronica Warner at [email protected] to reserve one for your session.
Refreshments & Speakers
- Students will be proved with coffee and light snacks upon arrival each morning of their class, compliments of Adobe.
- Students will be provided a catered lunch each day, compliments of Adobe.
This intensive class is specifically designed to keep you up-to-date in the ever-changing post-production environment. Students will learn about which codecs to use when importing or linking, how to organize projects, how to group, create string-outs, multicam, and much more. Students will also take time to learn about the career path of an Assistant Editor and how to succeed at their job by working with people.
- Create and format a new project for offline edit
- Identify external projects and project formats
- Map keyboards and create workspaces
- Manage media with Media Browser
- Ingest, link, and transcode footage
- Create proxy media and review proxy workflow
- Organize projects with bins, folders, and metadata
- Modify clips and group footage, including multicam
- Review basic editing techniques and tools
- Sync audio & modify audio channels
- Review the Sound Panel
- Use custom transitions & create custom Motion Graphics Templates
- Take offline edits to online
- Up-res, decompose, mixdown, and relink media
- Output and export sequences and projects
- Troubleshoot major problems
- Understand shared storage